Where to find houses with 2000-5000 usd? What you can find in deep Ukrainian village and how is life over there you can find in this video.
For registration a marriage with a foreigner is important to submit a certain package of documents to the regional department of state registration of civil status acts:
- passport document (passport of both parties, where the passport of foreigner must be translated into Ukrainian with a notarial certificate, it is important to translate all pages);
- Certificate of termination of previous marriage, obviously if it was (if such a document was issued in a foreign state it should be legalized and translated into Ukrainian );
- a receipt for payment of a state duty;
It is worth remembering that since 2016 service is provided as a “marriage for a day”. On the practical side, without the help of lawyers, in one day to marry a foreigner – it is impossible.
Because, for a foreigner, the package of documents that must be submitted to the RACS, is much bigger than for a Ukrainian. For collecting all these documents you need at least 7 work days.
It is not a complicated procedure for marriage registration with a foreigner per day.
You need to properly prepare a package of documents, come with them in the registration office, and after brief communication with the head of the regional registration offices, the information about the foreigner is sent to the migration service for checking whether the foreigner is lawfully living in Ukraine.
This verification process will take approximately 6-10 work days. Only after that you can fill out an application and sign an agreement with the company that implements the project “marriage for a day.”
Only after that, you will be able to get married and the next day to take the certificate of registration of the marriage.
As soon as this marriage union is registered, you can issue a temporary residence permit, and then, after two years of marital life, you can obtain a permanent residence permit. For what you only need to contact the local department of the migration service.
Features of making a marriage with a foreigner
It is worth considering that when registering a marriage with a foreigner has its own peculiarities. It is necessary to take into account all the intricacies of legislation, since they will depend on how quickly and effectively a person can get the status of legal marriage. For this reason, it is imperative to apply to an experienced lawyer to consult with all the necessary information. Also, our lawyers will accompany you to all government agencies in order to speed up the procedure in the shortest terms.
The law provides that the marriage must be genuine. In this case, it is necessary to ensure that each spouse really relationships, and not for the benefit. The fact is that in every state it is mandatory to check the marriage process, in order to avoid false or false marriages.
However, despite the ban, fictitious marriages with foreigners are very common. Their essence is that, for example, Ukrainians marry citizens of other countries, and after the marriage they get permission to permanent residence or even the citizenship of this state. Despite this tendency, very often foreigners are ready to marry Ukrainian citizens for immigration to Ukraine.
Sure unexperienced traveller can make a lot of mistakes in new country. Which mistakes you can do in Ukraine?
- Expect that people speak English. Yes, language barrier is a big problem, and you need to be ready that sometimes even in hotel and restaurant people can not speak English. Especially if you are not in Kiev. So prepare at least some online translator.
- Come to Ukraine without booking hotel or apartment. If this is big city, for sure you will find some hotel. But first, you will spend money on taxi driving from one to another and asking about room, and second – the price can be high. The best places with the best prices are always booked in advance.
- Use international roaming. It will cost you so much, and still I am not sure about speed. Better to buy sim card with 20 GB internet for around 8$.
- Talk on the street to strangers. It’s very easy to determine foreigners among Ukrainians, so usually people which are coming to you – they want to scam you somehow.
- Expect that Ukrainian girls dream about marriage with foreigner. This is just huge marketing promotion from online dating websites. In reality a lot of guys got disappointed that girl don’t want to talk to them at all. even in night clubs.
If a person plans to live for a long time on the territory of Ukraine, then a special permit from the state will be required for this. A residence permit gives you the right to live in Ukraine officially, but also requires certain rules.
How to obtain a permanent residence permit?
The law defined two main groups of persons who have the opportunity to obtain a permanent residence permit for a foreigner in Ukraine. The first includes those who have quotas, and the second includes immigrants without a quota. Who comes up with the first group?
- Representatives of culture.
- Specialists of high qualification.
- A person who has invested in Ukraine not less than one hundred thousand dollars of the United States of America.
- Relatives of a citizen.
- Husband and children of eighteen years of the person receiving permanent residence.
- Refugees three years after receiving asylum.
The list of those who don’t have quotas includes such groups of people who have a state interest. Each case is considered separately, but with the competent compilation of documents there is a high probability of receiving this document in the shortest possible time.
What are the benefits of a permanent residence permit in Ukraine?
The most important advantage of obtaining a certificate is that a person can come to Ukraine as soon as it is convenient. From now on, the terms of stay are no longer limited to 90 days and it is not necessary to make visas for entry into Ukraine. And also there is no need at all to get an appropriate permit at work placement.
Permanent residence opens up new opportunities. You can forget about the regular payment of the consular fee, about spending money on the medical insurance. As a result, a person will be tangible savings.
All these advantages open up a lot of new opportunities while living in Ukraine. However, each situation has its own characteristics, so there are always some questions about this. To find answers for questions, you can consult our specialists on the phone numbers indicated on the site.
Is it possible to issue a residence permit if the person is outside the migration quota?
In addition to those who are granted a permit for immigration within the established quota, the legislation has grounds for the presence of which the residence permit is not limited to the quota.
- marriage with a citizen of Ukraine, which lasted two years or more;
- relatives of the first generation who are Ukrainian citizens;
- Ukrainian diaspora or foreigners with confirmed roots in our country (foreign Ukrainians);
- persons who are territorially from Ukraine;
- foreign guardians or trustees who can documented the trusteeship or guardianship of Ukrainian citizens;
- foreigners whose stay in Ukraine is important for Ukraine’s foreign and domestic policy.
All of these nuances can be further elucidated by our lawyer, or you can consult with the Migration Service. Each case is unique, and therefore it is necessary to correctly approach this question.
List of documents for issuing a permanent residence permit in Ukraine
- passport (original for presentation);
- Notarized translation of the passport page where the information about the person is indicated;
- a permit for immigration (a copy of it must be submitted);
- it is desirable to issue a visa type – D (optional);
- a receipt for payment of state duty;
- 4 photos 3.5 x 4.5 cm on a matte basis.
Verification of the submitted documents will continue during the first week, as a result, a decision is made to grant or refuse to provide a permanent residence permit.
Older people still remember USSR instead of Russian, Ukraine and other countries and they know that people was poor and wild. So what is the main difference between Ukraine and USSR? I didn’t grown up in USSR, so it’s jst my opinion. please don’t quote me on that. See my list:
- Lack of goods. It was hard to buy a toilet paper even, so you understand… what you can thing about nice cosmetics, home appliances, furniture… If now you want to buy a TV, you just need to choose which one you want to buy and than just earn money for that. In USSR you don’t have problem of choice. You save money, than sign up for queue, and when in one year the queue reach to you, you can go to show and buy that TV which will be available.
For food it took less time. Just few hours in queue and you have milk, bread, soap or what you want. Sure if it was available in the shop.
Actually it was really a big problem. USSR didn’t import anything form other countries, and they didn’t produce anything for people also, because they was always preparing themselves for war. So all production was for war + maybe something for people.
- Bad service. They never smile to you in shop and ask: do you need some help? If you want to buy – give money. If you don’t want to buy – better for us. Go to hell. There was lack of products, don’t forget. Or come to restaurant and they give you dirty plate. Don’t like something – free the table.
- People was more proud of achievements of the USSR than their own achievements. You have to be proud that USSR was first in space, won the WW2, feed everybody around (other countries). SO if they ask you what are you proud of, you need to say that. You can not say that I am proud that I did some invention, or I have a good career. Good career? How you can think about career at all! It was really bad.
- No private business. Everything belong to country. You can’t have your own business or own a plant.
- There was no freedom of talk. You can not criticize communistic party in any case. You can not make strike and demand some bonuses or some changes. It was not acceptable at all. Nowadays in Ukraine you can tell and criticize as much as you can.
1. Duolingo. It’s totally free app, but you can subscribe for Duolingo Plus to learn everything without advertisement. I guess this is the most popular app for studying language. If you already know the language a little bit, they can propose you to make test to see what is your level, and than start to develop your knowledge. There are many levels, actually very helpful really.
2. iTalki – this is service where you can talk with native speakers. Btw, also it is the way to make money for somebody who is searching for language teaching job. I will not tell you this is the way to get to know Ukrainian girls. This is not free, you need to pay for every lesson. But if you are really focusing to study Ukrainian or develop any other language, this is a great option. You choose the best price, teacher and time for your lessons and go ahead!
⠀ 3. HelloTalk. Nice app as well, but not for learning from zero. You need to have some idea about language, and here you can improve your language skills. You can learn by chatting with native speakers for free, search for language exchange partners.
4. Memrise. Unfortunately they don’t have Ukrainian language yet, they have Russian. But it is pretty good app, where you can find not only traditional language, but many local words, slang and so on.
Universities which I mentioned:
1. Shevchenko National University – http://www.univ.kiev.ua/en/
2. Franko National University of Lviv – http://www.lnu.edu.ua/en/
3. Karazin Kharkiv National University – http://www.univer.kharkov.ua/en
4. Fedkovych National University of Chernivtsi – http://en.chnu.edu.ua/
5. Mechnikov University of Odessa – http://onu.edu.ua/en/
Do Ukrainians speak Russian?
– Yes, all Ukrainians understand Russian. So if you h=are going to Ukraine with knowledge of Russian, you will be fine, don’t worry.
Now lets talk a little bit more.
Ukrainian and Russian languages are not the same. They are similar, because they belong to Slavic family, together with Polish, Czech, Slovenian and others. All people from Slavic countries somehow can get the idea of what they are talking about even without knowing the language.
But as Ukraine historically was a part of USSR, where official language was Russian, so everybody studied this language at school.
Nowadays in Ukraine official language is Ukrainian. And all official documents, schools are in Ukrainian. But still there are a lot of Russian media, Russian speaking people, and other language sources, so every Ukrainian, even if they never study this language, they start to know it in passive way. And as a result, everybody understand it.
Does everybody speak Russian? Well, still you can have situation when you ask people in Russian, but they answer you in Ukrainian. And it’s not because they are very patriotic. Just they don’t use it in life, and even if they understand it, it’s easier to answer in Ukrainian.
How much would it cost to spend one month in Ukraine? Sure everybody will agree that it depends form your lifestyle, but lets calculate 2 options: very economical and more luxury.
- Renting apartment in airbnb near subway – 18$ per day, or 540$ per month.
- Transportation: 2 times a day by public transport will cost you 11$ per month.
- Food. Simple things with home cooking – from 150$ per month.
- Museums, open festivals^ city activities – 20$ per month.
- Data plan – 7$
In total it will cost you 728$ per month.
1.Let’s say you are renting one room apartment in airbnb in the downtown, 37$ per night or 1110$ per month.
2. Transportation 2 times a day by taxi will cost you 250$ per month.
3. Food: 2 times a day in restaurant if you will buy salad and one main dish – 650$ per month.
4. Night club once a week – 100$
5. karaoke, bowling, billiard and other things – 200$.
6. Data plan- 7$
In total we have 2317$.
P.S. For sure if you will live for at least 3 month, or better longer, you can rent apartment at least 50% cheaper – starting form 400$.